Retroactively putting this list together has been tough. If you attempt this, I recommend documenting as you go - even if it's just a quick bullet-point list.
I'm 100% positive I'm still missing things that belong on this list.
I've volunteered or been a member of a few different professional organizations over the years. Here's a small list of the ones I can remember:
- Delta Sigma Pi (DSP) Business Fraternity @ OSU
- NAEO Future Directions Committee
- NAEO Conference Committee
- NAEO Communications Committee
- NAEO Board of Directors (partial term due to employment status changes)
- Girl Develop It Columbus! Chapter - Teaching Assistant
- DeVry Local Business Leader Focus Group on recruiting
- Forward Party Ohio - State Leadership Team - Technical
Work history that doesn't count
These are things that I was either paid under-the-table or not-paid for.
- Construction-site trash collection & debris cleanup
- Learned, managed, and battled IRC eggdrop TCLs on
- Created websites for my friend's band in high-school
- Setting up and running Asterisk in my college dorm
- Running my own server infrastructure out of my college apartment
- Running weekend "Learn to Code" classes for interested employees
- Setting up a new office from scratch in Las Vegas for my day-job at the time
- Helping/attending/teaching at Columbus PHP Meetup
Work history that "counts"
- Farmhand - General labor, hay bale stacking
- Cargill - Dressings/Sauces factory line
- Michael Anthony's Italian Grill - Dishwasher, Linecook, Closer
- Bob Evan's Family Restaurant - Server, Host, Cook, Prep
- Ohio State University Student Services - Overnight Dorm Assistant
- United Dairy Farmers - Overnight Clerk
- Meijer Inc. - Grocery Meat Counter, Stocking
- Chemical Abstract Services (CAS) - ComputerLine Intern
- The Laptop Guy - Service Technician
- Continental Message Solutions, Inc. - Senior IT Manager (+many hats)
- NotifiUs, LLC (dba Call Theory, Grove City Tech Lab) - Founder/Owner/Managing Member